Sunday, January 13, 2008

Sunday

It's Sunday and my first thoughts were that I didn't want to go to church. Without even trying, I could think of all the reasons that I wouldn't want to be there. I hate that. I know that it was an attempt by the enemy to distract and discourage me, but I have to ask myself why I was vulnerable to that attack. I'm used to my first thoughts of the day being about Jesus and full of joy and expectation. That's why this threw me and makes me ask myself if I've made myself vulnerable. Not beating myself up, just asking myself some honest questions. But be assured, I will go to Worship this morning. I will bring my sacrifice of praise and will expectantly wait to hear from Him. He is worthy of all my praise (and so much more) and I will gladly serve Him. There. I feel better already.
"Put on a garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness....."

Thanks for listening,
Iris
 

1 comment:

Whopper - Heavy All said...

It's funny, the last little while, I've been having the same struggles!! I'm at the point in my life, were i find it, just bottom line discouraging. It feels like a constant struggle to keep him #1 in my life. It's tiresome!! I wish sometimes it was just easier! And yet i've learned that I just have to fight harder for I want!! He gave his life for us...I shouldn't I put up a fight against the pull to just take the easy way out!! Great stories about your mom, and sister inlaw. It goes to show, how he works in mysreies ways! Keep it coming!!