Friday, March 13, 2009

The Music Moves Me

So, Bob and I had our first dance lesson yesterday. And we survived. And so did the teachers and the onlookers.

Boy, was it intimidating. We walked in while the intermediate class was finishing their lesson. Most of them wait around and talk while we beginners have our lesson, because after that there is a time of just plain dancing and practice time. They turn down the lights and everything. This Menno girl has come a looooong way!

Anyway, knowing the intermediate class is watching is scary, especially since the teachers just launch right into the lesson and in the first lesson we learned how to dance the rumba complete with a TURN! Have mercy. Do they have any idea who they are working with? I was hoping for baby steps, but we got launched into the world of dance from a cannon. OK, not quite that bad, but it was scary. And so much fun. If it wasn't for my feet hurting from too pointy shoes, I would have danced longer. Gotta get me some better shoes. Still need to practice the turn though. I keep getting it wrong.

When we got home Bob and I showed Emilie what we had learned and she clapped and everything. We must be good.

2 comments:

Andrimitum said...

pictures nothing, where is the video??

Jeanine - The Baking Beauties said...

Wow, good for you! Mennonite girls CAN dance?? ;)