Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Happy Birthday



Happy Birthday to my "makes my heart melt, amazingly funny, spitting image of my brother, shy and wonderful" son. Ivan is 14 today and I marvel at how much he has grown and how much his Dad and I love and appreciate him. He makes us laugh 20 times a day, makes us want to hang on to these days with him at home, while looking forward to seeing him as a man, and just plain makes our home a fun place to be. He is gentle and shy, yet determined and committed to truth. We love seeing him think through things and be willing to stand up for what he believes, even when he is a lone voice. 
We love you Ivan and wish you the happiest of birthdays and a wonderful year of being 14.


5 comments:

Kim in NC said...

Iris,

Ivan sounds like a great kid!

He's a lucky boy too - having parents that raised him to be such an awesome young man, and who love him like crazy like your words show you do!

Happy 14th Birthday Ivan! Enjoy your day!

Carrie said...

In re: to your comment on my blog - YES, DO join in the LMM challenge. (The only reason I do not have any offspring named after a LMM character is because I don't have a daughter yet. - ha!)

The official link up post is here:

http://www.readingtoknow.com/2008/12/lucy-maud-montgomery-reading-challenge_31.html

Happy to have you!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday, Ivan!

Lisa Spence said...

Look at all that hair! Hope your boy had a great birthday!

Jeanine - The Baking Beauties said...

And what a cutie he was! Happy Belated Birthday, Ivan!