Friday, January 16, 2009

Say Cheese


I just came back from buying $35 worth of the best cheese around-Bothwell mild cheddar. In 20 minutes I can drive to the small town of New Bothwell, choose my fresh-as-can-be cheese, and get home. Not bad. It's way less money to buy larger quantities and straight from the factory and easily worth the trip. Our family eats a lot of cheese, so we really benefit from the savings. I won't tell you how long (or short) a time the cheese lasts in our house. Let's just say "Not long enough".
Around here, cheese is rated by how much it "squeaks" when you bite into it. If it doesn't squeak, it's not fresh enough. Not that we're picky.
I encourage you to visit the Bothwell site. They ship all over the world so it may be worth your while. I can't guarantee it will squeak when it gets to you though!

2 comments:

Jeanine - The Baking Beauties said...

LOVE the squeaky New Bothwell cheese! Can't believe you're that close to them that you can just pick it up like that. Lucky lady!
Here, the fresh cheese is usually delivered in time for the weekend...you know, when all the Mennonites want squeaky cheese for faspa. ;)

Jeanine - The Baking Beauties said...

Just had to say...we bought New Bothwell cheese on Sunday for lunch, and I thought of you. :)