Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Lies

I am feeling the sting of rejection, and it hurts. And like the sting of an insect, the pain doesn’t go quickly, it lingers and aches even after the initial shock is over.

I feel like I am shouting words of love that simply aren’t heard. How could things go so wrong when we started out with such hope and promise?

How can my love not be enough?

Someone I love more than my own life can’t see that I do. Somewhere along the way lies have been spoken into her ears and she has accepted them as truth. I am reminded of something I read earlier this week- “Satan will tell us what’s true, but he never tells us the truth.” (Michael Wells) Some of what this person is clinging to is true, but it is not the truth. What destruction comes from this!

And then I am challenged to remember that once again, God knows exactly how I feel. How often does He shout words of love into my life that I simply don’t hear? How often do I buy the lies when the truth is right in front of me? His heart must ache as He waits for me to see His Truth.

So I will wait too. Wait for her eyes to be opened and for her heart to be ready to accept what is here for her. Not perfection, but true nonetheless.

May that day come quickly.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Oh, Iris, I understand COMPLETELY the words you have written. Thank you so much for visiting my blog and your sweet words. I knew when Papa God gave me that devo that He had put them in me for someone. When He revealed all this to me with my sweet girl, I knew it was something He would have me give away. I am thankful that He gave the words to you.

As I have been in a place of healing the old wounds/lies I have discovered how much was distorted in my life through the words and actions of others. It wasn't necessarily what they said, but it IS what I heard. In that process I have been learning to listen to what my kids hear and say to them, "I didn't say that, I would never say that...someone else is talking here." I used to defend myself and get angry with my teenage daughter when she distorted my words...and then I realized that she really believed she was hearing me say those things. I had to stop the lies. I had to expose the one behind the words... it was not me.

This sweet person in your life who is hurting...she believes it's you saying those things. She doesn't know it is the enemy distorting the words in her mind. I am praying for her to hear your TRUE heart and know the truth that will set her free.

I hope you will visit again. I love having people pop over. It's a breath of fresh air for my day.

Hugs,
Julie